OKAPI360

Holidays spirit, my @$$

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

Holidays spirit, my @$$

Message par Silver le Lun 1 Déc - 3:43

A l'origine Noel c'est la fete de la naisance de Jesus (Chrismas). Mais dans ce pays, Jesus est la derniere personne a laquelle les gens pensent quand ils parlent de Chrismas. Aux USA, la quasi-totale des gens considerent Noel comme la fete de la famille. La famille se retrouve le 25 Decembre pour etre ensemble et echanger des cadeaux. Alors on parle de holidays spirit, cet esprit de paix et de joie. Ou etait l'esprit de Noel pour ses "shoppers" qui n'ont pas hesite a ecraser a mort un employer de Wallmart, tout ca parce qu'ils couraient pour etre les premiers a saisir un laptop, une poupee...etc. Et meme quand l'ambulance est venu pour secourir le monsieur en tres mauvais etat, ces "shoppers" etaient plus occupes a s'accaparer des soldes. Pire, quand Wallmart a decide de fermer le store suite a la mort de leur employer, les "shoppers" se plaignaient de s'etre reveille a 2 du matin pour attendre l'ouverture du store. La vie d'un jeune homme de 34 ans ne vaut plus rien? Quelle joie/fierte auraient ses gens quand ils vont presenter leur cadeaux a leur proche pendant qu'une maman, des freres et des soeurs vont pleurer un de leur qu'ils ne reveront plus jamais? Des cadeaux qui seront peut etre oublies deux jours apres Noel. C'est vraiment degoutant et ca montre combien Noel est superficielle dans ce pays. Ca aurait ete pire meme vu qu'il y avait une femme enceinte dans la melee, mais elle a pu s'en sortir.

Black Friday took a grim turn when a New York Wal-Mart employee died after bargain hunters broke down the doors to the store, pushing him to the ground.

The 34-year-old male employee was pronounced dead an hour after shoppers breached the doors to the shopping center in Valley Stream, Long Island, about 5 a.m. Friday and knocked him down, police said.

"He was bum-rushed by 200 people," Jimmy Overby, the man's 43-year-old co-worker, told the New York Daily News. "They took the doors off the hinges. He was trampled and killed in front of me. They took me down too ... I literally had to fight people off my back."

A 28-year-old pregnant woman was also taken in for observation and three other shoppers suffered minor injuries during the incident, police said. The pregnant woman and the unborn baby were reported to be OK, said Sgt. Anthony Repalone, a Nassau County police spokesman.

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in Bentonville, Ark., closed the store in Valley Stream for several hours after the stampede. It reopened shortly after 1 p.m.

Wal-Mart representative Dan Fogleman called the incident a "tragic situation" and said the victim came from a temporary agency and was doing maintenance work at the store.

"The safety and security of our customers and associates is our top priority," Fogleman said. "Our thoughts and prayers are with them and their families at this difficult time. At this point, facts are still being assembled and we are working closely with the Nassau County Police as they investigate what occurred."

Police said about 2,000 people had gathered outside the doors before the Wal-Mart opened at the suburban location about 20 miles east of Manhattan. A crowd pushed the man to the ground at 5:03 a.m., three minutes after the store opened, leaving a metal portion of the door crumpled like an accordion.

Nassau County police spokesman Lt. Michael Fleming described the scene as "utter chaos." "This crowd was out of control," he said.

Criminal charges were possible in the case, but Fleming said it would be difficult to identify individual shoppers. Authorities were reviewing surveillance video.

The industry's largest retail group said the incident was rare.

"We are not aware of any other circumstances where a retail employee has died working on the day after Thanksgiving," said Ellen Davis, a spokeswoman for the National Retail Federation.

Shoppers around the country line up early outside stores on the day after Thanksgiving in the annual bargain-hunting ritual known as Black Friday -- which got its name because it has historically been the day when stores break into profitability for the full year.

Many stores open early and close late. The Valley Stream Wal-Mart usually opens at 9 a.m.

Items on sale at the Wal-Mart store included a $798 Samsung 50-inch Plasma HDTV, a Bissel Compact Upright Vacuum for $28, a Samsung 10.2 megapixel digital camera for $69 and DVDs such as "The Incredible Hulk" for $9.

Silver

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: Holidays spirit, my @$$

Message par le passant le Lun 1 Déc - 10:41

la faute principale revient a wallmart. ils pouvaient eviter la mort d'un de leur s'ils avaient mise sur la securite. ils ont pense a l'argent d'abord avant de penser a la securite des gens. ils ont de la chance , il yaurait pu avoir plusieurs morts. la famille de defunt a interesser a amener wallmart devant la justice. paix a l'ame du defunt.

le passant

Message par *Maadox le Lun 1 Déc - 14:29

Je trouve ca vraiment bizarre qu'on pietinne quelqu'un et qu'on ressens rien...Mais bof, ca s'est passe a NY...people there are rude and have a real "I don't care kinda attittude"....But it boils down to the superficiality of our relationships with other humans...it really shows that we have lost respect for human life...You know, when we hear that 100 people died...The news refer them as "bodies" most of the time...it has become like a thing...What is death? Who cares?
Let's just look at our relationships (work, home, woman-man...)...its not socially based anymore...its totally interest based...If my bf or fiance or husband doesn't fulfill MY NEEDS (which by the way have become way more complexed than the himan mind can comprehend)...i can go to extremes to get rid of them...Basic things that dignified human reports are considered old school: respect, loyalty, honnesty, friendship...what are they now? Even romance is all resumed in sexuality more than nice words and nice actions that can touch the soul...I don't know if as a human race we can go back to the "basics of life"...the "normalcy' everyone once new in their lifetime...I am not sure if we will ever go back there...but then again life is a cycle...So there is hope...maybe...that one day we will have respect for humans and humanity as it ought to be...

Dang...i am a good philosopher...LOL.

*Maadox

Message par Nappy Soul le Mar 2 Déc - 0:44

The grooming of the perfect consumer under a capitalistic society.
For years our generation has been groomed to be the perfect consumers...We have become obsessed with getting...In fact our successes and failures are measured by the loot we can ammass compared to others...The more &%Ish you got the more you are perceived by society to be a sucessful person.

To the powers that be and their corporations...We as people have become a number...We 're not people...We are a unit that generate profit...Extravagant amount of money is spent on advertizing which nowadays has become the most successful mind controling device known to man... Making us believe that without some of the Ish they sell, our lives is not up to standards.The sad thing is that we 've come to agree with that statement.

This obsession with material has made us forget the worth of human life, we value our posession more than we value people. None of this is truer that in North America...Hospitals kicking poor people out in the street to save money, parents that can't spend time with their families because they gotta sustain their addiction to stuff, corporations screwing folks out of their pensions...Evereyone has the same message: Get it by any means necessary.Even if it means screwing the next guy for it.

Europe has a lot more human society.I'm not saying that materialism does not exist there, I'm just saying that they still respect human lives to a fairer value than they do here.
Yet Americans want to act like they can give life lessons to the World.

Nappy Soul

Message par Yoshi le Mar 2 Déc - 13:48

que dire de ce monsieur qui s'est mis a tirer en desordre dans un toys r' us parce qu'il n'arrivait pas a trouver le jeu video qu'il cherchait? les gens commenent a perdre la tete.

Yoshi

Message par Contenu sponsorisé Aujourd'hui à 14:29

Contenu sponsorisé

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut